Laser Hair Removal
Sick of shaving, waxing and plucking unwanted hairs? Have a problem with ingrown hairs or shaving bumps? If you answered ‘yes’ to either of these questions, Jamachi Plastic Surgery in , Nigeria offers laser hair removal.
A popular procedure, Dr. Onyewu uses a heating laser to remove every last hair from undesirable areas of your body. The laser heats dark target matter in the area that causes hair growth without the need to heat the rest of your skin. With this technique, you barely feel the laser during treatment.
Depending on your hair type and skin color, you may need to undergo multiple treatments to remove all unwanted hair. Most patients need a minimum of seven treatments spaced between a three to eight week break. The face requires more frequent visits at a three to four week span.
At the cornerstone of Dr. Onyewu’s approach is creating an individualized treatment to meet your goals. This customized approach will help you reach maximum results.
The Cutera, Inc. CoolGlide Nd:YAG 1064nm Lasers are FDA-cleared for:
- Hair removal
- Permanent hair reduction
- Treatment of all skin types, including tanned skin
- Treatment of pseudofollicultis barbae (PFB)
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROCESS:
- The purpose of the treatment is to selectively treat the hair follicle without causing thermal damage to the surrounding tissue.
- Laser light is absorbed by melanin, which is the target (chromophore) in hair. The light is converted to heat. Heat damages the bulge and bulb, disabling the hair structure.
- Do not pluck or wax during the treatment session as this removes the target
- Hair must be brown or black. Laser light is not absorbed by white, gray, red or light-blond hair.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRE & POST TREATMENT CARE
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS
- The best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid UV exposure for 7 days pre and post treatment.
- Avoid sunburns or tans for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid sunless tanning products for 7 days before treatment.
- Provide your technician with an accurate and up to date medical history in order to receive safe and effective treatments.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include; Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin), Hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), mild to moderate burns or blisters, permanent skin discoloration, temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red “puffiness and small bumps like “goose bumps”) swelling and itching in the treated area, hives, rashes, bruising, and lack of desired results.
- Clients who are pregnant cannot be treated.
- Technicians cannot treat over tattoos.
- If you have Epilepsy, Jamachi is unable to provide treatment.
- If you are a new patient or have not been seen by a Jamachi Laser Technician within the past 3 months, please call and schedule a pre-treatment consultation. Consultations help us to evaluate your current condition and create the proper course of treatment for your individual needs.
- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven. Unshaven clients will be rescheduled. This does not apply to initial consultations.
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Clients who are sunburned or tan must wait 2 weeks before being treated to avoid additional skin damage.
- Avoid sunless tanning products 7 days prior to your treatment. It is recommended that you exfoliate the area to remove any residual color.
- If applicable, apply numbing cream 30 to 40 minutes prior to your treatment. All products must be completely removed prior to treatment.
- Clients should come to appointments with clean skin in the area to be treated. All clients who are treating any part of their face/neck will be required to cleanse their entire face in the clinic.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior and two weeks after your laser treatment.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl products(AHA/BHA), hydroquinone, retinols/retinoid), Tazorac, Differin for 7 days before treatment.
- Clients with any abnormal lesions, moles or spots on the area to be treated must be cleared by medical practitioner prior to treatment.
- Clients must stop waxing, tweezing and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take an anti-viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment. Clients with active cold sores will not be treated.
- Clients who have used Accutane, or similar products, within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser hair removal treatments.
- Client should not perform any physical activity that increases body temperature or blood pressure within 2 hours before and after treatments.
- If you have botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, wait 14 days both before and after injection.
- Antibiotics may increase photosensitivity. We recommend that you check with your personal physician prior to receiving laser treatments if you are taking a long term antibiotic. If you become ill and begin taking an antibiotic you will need to be off of the medication for 7 days before laser treatment.
- Boots may not be wore immediately after leg treatments
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR TREATMENT
- Check the attached diagrams to see exactly what will be included in your treatment areas.
- Clients with red, grey or blonde hair, in the area to be treated, should consult with a Jamachi Laser Technician prior to receiving treatments, as the laser is less effective on these hair colors.
- During your treatment you can expect slight discomfort, similar to a rubber-band snap on your skin. An over the counter numbing cream is available for purchase. Consult your laser technician with questions.
- You should experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. If these conditions persist, topical creams such as aloe, calamine or hydrocortisone may be applied.
- Allow a minimum of 7 to 14 days post treatment for hair to “fall out” or shed from the skin.
- On average clients experience 20-30% less regrowth after each treatment.
- On average clients experience 70-90% reduction in hair growth after a series of 8-12 treatments
- For best results, allow your technician(s) to customize your treatment schedule based on your needs.
- Be advised, clients may not bring children under 16 to their appointments.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- Avoid extended UV exposure for 7 days post treatment.
- If blisters occur, do not puncture. If skin is broken, apply an antibiotic ointment until healed.
- Tylenol is recommended for post treatment discomfort.
- Over the counter medication is recommended for post treatment discomfort or you may apply cool towels, ice packs or aloe vera to alleviate discomfort due to heat.
- Avoid using seat warmers immediately after treatment
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least 2 weeks post treatment or until healing has occurred.
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 or higher is critical when receiving laser treatments and is recommended ongoing for maintenance of results.
- If you experience any side effects such as hypo or hyper pigmentation, prolonged redness or swelling, histamine reaction, or blistering call or come in for instructions on treatment.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your technician.
- Exfoliate treated areas to minimize risk of ingrown hairs.
- Upper Lip
- Lower Arm
- Full Arm
- Bikini Line
- Full Bikini
- Upper Leg
- Lower Leg
- Full Leg
- Package of Six
*Additional sessions above the 6 included in the package pricing are charged at a 20% discount. This pertains to sessions bought in package only.