Dr. Dare V. Ajibade
Dr. Dare V. Ajibade, a fellowship-trained cosmetic plastic surgeon in the Washington, D.C., metro area, was born in Nigeria and grew up outside of New York City. He brings a unique socially conscious perspective and culturally competent approach to achieving collaborative and bespoke aesthetic results. In line with his commitment to excellence, he has dedicated over a decade to honing his expertise in all areas of cosmetic and aesthetic surgery, especially breast, body contouring, liposuction and fat grafting. Dr. Ajibade’s practice philosophy emphasizes safety and exceptional individualized results. His clinical approach aims to achieve a collaborative and personalized experience for each patient. Using the most advanced evidence-based techniques and technologies, he offers comprehensive aesthetic options to help all patients achieve their best self.
Dr. Ajibade graduated Cum Laude with departmental honors in Biological Sciences from Rutgers, New Jersey State University. He then enrolled in the M.D./Ph.D. program at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) – New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Ajibade also completed a master’s in public health at the UMDNJ – School of Public Health. Following medical school, Dr. Ajibade completed his General Surgery training at New Jersey Medical School University Hospital in Newark, New Jersey. He continued his education in Philadelphia where he completed comprehensive Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Ajibade further enhanced his capacity with a highly prestigious and competitive Aesthetics Society-endorsed fellowship in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area.
Dr. Ajibade’s first exposure to medicine was his aunt, who not only steered his early educational pursuit but has also continued to influence his development and perspective. As a nurse and midwife in rural Nigeria, her life’s work provided access to care and education to an underserved community. Through her commitment, he learned the indelible impact a single individual can have on a community through passion, dedication and service. Dr. Ajibade continues to contribute to the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery through delivery of exceptional results and outcomes assessment for improved safety, patient experience, and comparative efficiency/effectiveness.
Dr. Ajibade appreciates art in all its forms, and enjoys opportunities to explore and learn. He is an avid reader and loves to learn about new cultures through his travels. He spends his free time with family and friends, traveling, gardening and fitness.
- M.D./Ph.D./MPH, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School (2011 – 2012)
- B.A., Biological Sciences, Rutgers University (2011 – 2004)
Postgraduate Training & Fellowship:
- ASAPS Endorsed Aesthetic Fellowship, North Texas Plastic Surgery (2020 – 2021)
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Temple University Hospital (2017 – 2020)
- General Surgery Resident, Rutgers University Hospital (2012 – 2017)
- General Surgery Internship, Saint Barnabas Medical Center (2011 – 2012)
- Washington, D.C.
- New Jersey
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
Awards & Honors:
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award (2014)
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Golden Apple Resident Teaching Award (2014)
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School AOA Research Award (2011)
- Endocrine Society – Outstanding Publication Endocrinology Student Award (2010)
- UMDNJ Credo in Action Award (2009)
- New Jersey Medical School Richard and Ann Silver Pozen Community Scholar Award (2008) UNCF/Merck
- Science Initiative Graduate Fellow (2008)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Research Award (2006)
- Rutgers University – Henry Rutgers School (2004)
- Burnett AS, Quinn PL, Ajubade DV, Peters SR, Ahlawat SK, Mahmoud OM, Chokshi RJ. Design of an immonohistochemistry biomarker panel for diagnosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Pancreatology. 2019.
- Palange DC, Ajibade D, Bonne S, Kunac A. Prevention of Implanted Central Venous Port Erosion with Prophylactic Mesh Tissue Augmentation. Am Surg. 2017.
- Mady LJ, Ajibade DV , Hsaio C, Teichert A, Fong C, Christakos S and Bikle DD. The Transient Role for Calcium and Vitamin D during the Developmental Hair Follicle Cycle. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2016.
- Marano AA, Therattil PJ, Ajibade DV, Datiashvili, RO. Ganglion Cyst of the Peroneus Longus. Eplasty. 2015.
- Eloy JA, Choudhry OJ, Christiano LD, Ajibade DV , Liu JK. Double flap technique for reconstruction of anterior skull base defects after craniofacial tumor resection: technical note. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013.
- Ajibade DV , Tanaka IK, Paghda KV, Mirani N, Lee HJ, Jyung RW. Inflammatory Pseudotumor (Plasma Cell Granuloma) of the Temporal Bone. Ear Nose Throat J. 2010.