April’s Secrets: Shape-Up Your Footsies For Summer
By April Parnell, Manicure and Pedicure Extraordinare
We love hiding our feet in those furry boots and fuzzy slippers during the winter months. The now-famous Uggs may keep them dry and toasty warm when trudging through the snow and ice, but now, Summer is here. As the sun gets warmer, and the days get longer, you may notice as you skip around in your flip-flops that your feet have suffered from neglect.
I can’t blame you – keeping your footsies warm during the dark Winter months is normal and important. Cold, damp feet are a definite mood buster. Here at Jamachi MediSpa, we offer tips and tricks to help fix the neglect and abandonment your little feet and toes may be feeling.
Here are some of my ‘secret’ tips to revive your feet for sandal and flip flop season:
- Soak your feet in sea salt water for 20 minutes. This helps cleanse and relieve tension from your tired feet.
- After soaking, use a foot file on damp feet to remove dead skin and calluses.
- Exfoliate: The best way to get rid of dead skin. (Want an at-home natural scrub? Mix a little bit of olive-oil and raw sugar together and rub over the rough sections of your feet.)
- When trimming the toe nails, always cut straight across, never cut corners as that may cause ingrown toenails which is very painful. Then file your nail with an emery board for that smooth finish.
- Apply a foot cream to moisturize, especially for calluses or problem-dry skin.
For the ultimate foot care, schedule your appointment for a pedicure at Jamachi MediSpa. Call our office in Silver Spring at 301-585-0888, or email us at email@example.com for more information. Don’t forget to friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too!
Happy Friday Everyone and enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.